When it comes to choosing the best sandals for walking, it’s important to consider your individual needs and preferences. Some people may prefer a minimalist design, while others require more support and cushioning. However, there are certain factors that should be taken into consideration to ensure a comfortable and safe walking experience.
Sandals are a popular footwear choice for warm weather, but not all sandals are ideal for walking. When it comes to choosing the best sandals for walking, comfort, support, lightweight design, and good traction are key.
1. Comfortable walking sandals
Comfort is essential when it comes to walking sandals, as you don’t want to experience any pain or discomfort during your walk. Here are some of the most comfortable walking sandals:
• Birkenstock Arizona: These sandals feature a contoured cork footbed that conforms to your foot, providing excellent support and cushioning.
• Teva Original Universal: These sandals have a soft footbed that molds to your foot shape and provides excellent arch support.
• Chaco Z/Cloud: These sandals feature a LUVSEAT footbed that provides exceptional support and cushioning, making them ideal for long walks.
2. Supportive walking sandals
Walking sandals with good support can help reduce foot fatigue and prevent foot injuries. Here are some of the most supportive walking sandals:
• Keen Newport H2: These sandals feature a metatomical footbed that provides excellent arch support while the toe guard protects your toes.
• Ecco Yucatan: These sandals have an anatomical footbed that provides excellent support and cushioning, making them ideal for long walks.
• Merrell Terran Convertible 2: These sandals feature a contoured footbed that provides excellent arch support, while the durable outsole provides grip and traction.
3. Lightweight walking sandals
Lightweight walking sandals are great for those who prefer a more minimalist design or who want to travel light. Here are some of the best lightweight walking sandals:
• Xero Shoes Z-Trek: These sandals are minimalist in design and weigh only a few ounces. They feature a thin and flexible sole that allows you to feel the ground beneath your feet.
• Vivobarefoot Primus Trail FG: These sandals have a minimalist design and are incredibly lightweight, making them ideal for hiking and long walks.
• Columbia Techsun: These sandals have a lightweight design and feature a Techlite midsole that provides excellent cushioning and support.
4. Sandals with good traction
Sandals with good traction are essential for walking on various surfaces and terrains. Here are some of the best sandals with good traction:
• Keen Venice H2: These sandals have a non-marking rubber outsole that provides excellent traction on wet and slippery surfaces.
• Merrell All Out Blaze Sieve: These sandals feature a Vibram outsole that provides excellent grip and traction on various surfaces.
• Teva Hurricane XLT2 Alp: These sandals have a durable rubber outsole that provides excellent traction on rocky or uneven terrain.
Comfort is key when it comes to walking sandals. You want to choose a pair that won’t cause any pain or discomfort during your walk. Look for sandals with a footbed that conforms to the shape of your foot, or a soft footbed that molds to your foot’s shape. Birkenstock, Teva, and Chaco sandals are known for their comfortable footbeds.
Support is also important when it comes to walking sandals. You want a pair that will provide adequate arch support, cushioning, and stability. Sandals with a metatomical footbed, which contours to the shape of your foot, or a LUVSEAT footbed, which provides exceptional support and cushioning, are ideal for long walks. Keen, Ecco, and Merrell are popular brands known for their supportive sandals.
If you plan on walking long distances, you may want to consider lightweight walking sandals. They are designed to be minimalist and provide a more natural feel while walking. Xero Shoes, Vivobarefoot, and Columbia are brands that offer lightweight walking sandals.